Tryout Registration | Dates / Times | Selection Process
Thank you for trying out with Kraken Volleyball Club this year! We are looking forward to an awesome inaugural season and getting to know our athletes and families. Please follow the below steps to properly prepare for our upcoming tryouts!
1. Determine your athlete’s age division
Visit USAV’s Junior Player Age Definition form here, to determine which age division your junior athlete is eligible to compete in for the 2013-2014 season.
2. Complete Puget Sound Region Tryout Player Registration
Prior to Tryouts with Kraken VC all players must register and pay the $5 USA Volleyball Tryout fee. This is done on the Registration Tab of the Puget Sound Region website. For assistance on how to register use this link: PSR Illustrated Junior Tryout Registration Instructions. Please record your USAV Member # to for use in Step #4. Example: PS2223354UV23945
3. Pay the Kraken VC Tryout Fee via PayPal, Click on the PayPal button below. (There is a $20 tryout fee for all age groups)
4. Kraken VC Online Tryout Registration (must be completed to secure a tryout spot)
- Complete the Kraken VC Online Tryout Registration here
5. Bring the following completed forms to your Tryout Session: (If you are missing any of these forms you will NOT be allowed to tryout!)
- PSR / USAV registration confirmation for new or returning members (Printed off PSR Volleyball website)
- PSR 2014 Player Medical History and Release Form
- PSR USAV Concussion – Lystedt Law Compliance Form
Girl’s Tryouts Dates / Times | Boy’s Tryouts - See the Boy’s Tryouts Page
Girl’s Tryouts are complete. We have the below spots still open.
Remaining Tryouts at Team Practices
Please email: KrakenVolleyballClub@gmail.com if you would like to tryout for an open spot on one of our teams.
Open Spots as of Jan 13th:
- 18s – 1 Outside and 1 Middle Hitter
- 16s – 1 Middle / Outside Hitter
- 14s – 1 Middle / Outside Hitter / Setter
- Applicant athletes will be put through a series of drills to evaluate their current volleyball skills.
- Selections/invitations to join Kraken VC will be extended based on athlete’s current skills assessment. potential for improvement, as well positional fit based on the pool of athletes.
- Verbal invitations may be extended by Kraken VC any time during the PSR tryout period.
- Athletes may verbally accept a Kraken VC invitation during the PSR tryout period.
- Athletes must sign/return the Kraken VC Player Contract with the Tuition Deposit by the PSR signing date.